Monday, January 5, 2009

de allerbeste wensen voor het nieuwe jaar

Best Wishes for the New Year! We had a fabulous holiday season in Holland. The lovely Gabriella who I met last year at Beadazzles was kind enough to offer us the use of her home in Amsterdam. It was right on a canal and was the perfect venue to explore the city and then come back and relax. Inviting and comfortable. I spent many hours beading while enjoying the beautiful canal view.








I also saw this which struck me as funny, It's not so obvious, but below the Vodka Museum sign is one that says souvenirs. This one's for you Swellknits

















On New Years we stayed in the Stempels hotel in Haarlem which is the town we lived in when we lived in Holland in 2004.








It was great to return to all our favorite places.We also visited with my former colleague Stephanie, her husband and two beautiful children. We stayed with them at their stylish new home in Frijsland in the North of Holland. A first for me was rum in hot chocolate and I highly recommend it, thanks Nico! The perfect antidote to a coooolllld day watching the little ones play on the frozen canals.




I am now in the planning stages of managing a very busy year! I have lots of travel to exotic bead locations around the country and world planned. I will shop in Tucson, teach at bead and button, Beadfest in Pa (with my bead pal Rachel!) and Bead Unique's fall Tahoe retreat.


But first I must get home. We begin the long drive from Charlotte NC to Lemon Grove CA next week (and here I sit making a new blog, there's packing to be done!) And I best get to it!

2 comments:

gruff said...

Great to see you blogging. Can't wait to follow your year! Gail

Valerie said...

Great job, Marcia! You are on your way to blogging with a big bang. How appropriate for the new year! Val