Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We're off

I'm happy to be going home, I'm not happy to be driving. It bores me to tears to have idle hands, but unfortunately I am one of those folks rendered car sick by the mere thought of looking at something in the car. Not even mindless knitting spares me this fate. A 20 second look at a map is instant car sickness (thank goodness the gps has eliminated the need for a paper map)



On Monday I very efficiently packed up boxes that needed shipping and got them off to UPS. Among them was the purse where I had last seen my ipod, the one with all the downloaded books. Yeah well, that's what I get for being so efficient.

Fortunately I was able to sort out putting those same books onto Mark's ipod and so now we will have some entertainment. The Time Travelers wife, highly recommended, is first up.

I'll try to post along the way. First priority in a hotel is pet friendliness since Miss Maya Princess Angelina will be traveling with us.






We have to hide her pink travel case or she will spin circles and stay in it until it's time to leave. She loves to travel. I think this may be a better trip for her then for me. However if we're fortunate enough to find a pet friendly hotel with wireless internet, well then maybe there will be post worthy news.

And if not, well then I'll be back on Tuesday. At which point I will bring you beady news...

4 comments:

The bad Liz said...

Travel safe through the snow zones, hopefully you will miss all of them.

I've heard that petting the dog during a long drive will eliminate some of the carsickness. Miss Maya would at least like that......

Dave Robertson said...

Hi Marcia, bon voyage and get that trip over with! :)

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Katie said...

I hope you have a safe and uneventful trip home :o) I think your first book choice is a great one - I loved that book when I read it a few years ago...And try not to get car sick!!!

Knotty Melody said...

Oh my goodness, I know what you mean about the car sickness. Exactly why I love doing the driving.

When I get my RV and drag you off on a bead excursion, I will be sure to stock plenty of Dramamine and ginger ale. :D (tee hee)

xoxo
Melody