Monday, February 16, 2009

knitting break.....

I gave myself a short knitting break yesterday and blocked my Kiri, freshly off the needles. Blocking lace is transformative and I love the points. This one is made from Habu's silk mohair.



I decided some sparkle was in order and am adorning each delicate point with my favorite verde teardrop crystals, easily doubling the cost, but I think it will be elegant. I am hoping to wear it on my upcoming bead cruise. We leave March 1st out of New Orleans, sail as far as Cozumel and back. I've never been a lot of the places this cruise stops so it will be interesting. But the best part is that Mark will join me. Well there are lots of best parts actually, because I also get to play with beads, revisit folks from last year and meet new folks. It's too late for this year, but you might want to keep this cruise on your radar screen for next year. It is run by Heather Powers of Humblebeads. Heather finds good artists in multiple disciplines and entices 60 beaders to come play.

Speaking of cruises, Margo Fields and Carole Tripp set sail on Saturday from San Diego. Carole owns Creative Castle in Newbury Park. Last time I was there Carole found my original proposal that I sent in 1999, meaning this year is the 10th anniversary of my teaching there! Since they were so close I had to go and say Hi! We took a short stroll along the waterfront and enjoyed the urban trees. You would have had a picture, I remembered the camera, unfortunately I did not remember the memory stick!

Between now and the cruise I will fly to Atlanta to teach at Beadazzles, a well stocked beautiful store and Alice, a very nice owner.

1 comment:

Rosanne said...

What a beautiful shawl, I can't wait to see it on the ship. You certainly do amaze me. How can you do all the things you do and knit too? There is a local yarn/fiber store that we go to. Barb had posted a shawl designed by a local knitter. It is shaped like a butterbfly...beautiful!
I loved the entry about your kit packing...will you come and organize my bead room? See you in New Orleans!