Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bead shopping in Manhattan

You would think that maybe I would have finished bead shopping in Tucson, but the opportunity to go to Manhattan presented itself and turns out I still needed a few things. Then we generally wandered the city. If you're there, 19th avenue and Broadway there is a beautiful home store called ABC home. And in the back there is a delightful restaurant where we ate. And then on our way back we saw this little guy....



He was pretty worried I was after his nut and kept on trying to escape my camera's gaze. Cute isn't he.

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a cute squirrel! I hope you are having a blast in New York...I got my copy of Beadwork today and love the bracelet! I definitely see one in my future. And I loved seeing you break out into the festive, happy colors ... :o)

Unknown said...

Hi Marcia,
Care to mention a favorite bead store you went to?
I'm going to be there in a month or so, and a bead store, well it's just a must.
So is ABC by the way, I LOVE that store. If I was stinking rich I would furnish my home from there.
Did you check out the fabric in the basement? EEEEEE!
Thanks as always,
Patty

Marcia DeCoster said...

hey Katie, so glad you like the bracelet. I haven't seen the issue yet, but that bracelet just makes me happy. Of course you have some advance technology for that one!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Hey Patty,

email me and we'll trade shopping stories in New York. Also found a great magazine cafe with high end magazines, fashing, jewelry, inspiration, fun....

VanBeads said...

Bead shopping in Manhattan, ooooh! I have a friend who works near Rockefeller Plaza, and a few summers ago, she took me bead shopping in the fashion district for the first time. I don't want to tell you how much money I spent, but I found some gorgeous treasures, some of which I am still hoarding...
I hope to be able to go bead shopping with them again this summer!