Friday, March 27, 2009

Seven Points

I have been craving sushi and last night I finally was able to satisfy the craving at Sushi Oto in San Diego.

Sushi Oto earns a 5 out of 7 on my sushi restaurant rating system. 6 out of 7 is the best ever achieved and that was in a strip mall in San Ramon California next to the Place to Bead.

How does one get 7 out of 7, here is the system

Great sushi 1 point
Round chopsticks 1 point
Miso salad dressing 1 point
Ambience 1 point
Nigori Sake 1 point
Mocchi ice cream 1 point
Coffee mocchi ice cream bonus point

It appears that miso dressing is a Santa Cruz only offering. My two favorite Santa Cruz restaurants Takara and Shogun have a creamy miso salad dressing.

There are quite a few who get 5 out of 7, but 6 out 7 is rare and 7 out of 7 has never happened.

But I did enjoy the evening. And if you know of a 7 out of 7 let me know!

3 comments:

VanBeads said...

Mocchi ice cream... Oooooh, you're making me want to go back to California and visit my friends in Burbank! We got Mocchi ice cream one evening after a dinner of Japanese curry. Sooooo good.

Hannah said...

We have a couple of 6 and 7's down here Marcia...next time you come to San Gabriel BC we'll take you around.
Yoshida in San Marino, Kushi Yu in Tarzana, and Mikomi in Monrovia all come to mind as far as meeting all the criteria listed.

The bad Liz said...

Sadly, or not so sadly, I travel with chopsticks because I hate wooden ones. I was spoiled in Korea and love the metal chopsticks there.

I hate the square chopsticks that have to be broken apart. I'd almost rather use a fork.

Shitaki mushroom would be points - I love it and it's been rare to find lately.