Friday, July 24, 2009

In the studio

It feels so good to be back in the studio and I wisely did a very thorough cleaning before I left so it was doubly good to step into such serenity.

I have quite a few things that need my beading attention and the zen of beadweaving is serving me well at the moment.

Remember Disco Squares in Beadwork?,


I'm doing it in these colors (well Tina's doing it for me in these colors, thank you dear) and I'm loving it.



And since I'm having a love affair with these silver size 11 charlottes, I thought I'd stitch up a bezel for this lovely large fancy stone, and perhaps suspend it from a chain, or maybe even a delicate bit of beadweaving.



I've had this beautiful flower from scorpio beads for some time and have started playing with some beads to compliment it.



And here's the prettiest pink bubble blower beaded by my dear friend Liz.



It's great being back among the beads!

5 comments:

susanc said...

Welcome back! Which issue of Beadwork was "Disco Beads" in? I'd love trying my hand at it and I'm a subscriber, so I'm sure I have it here among my piles of mags!

VanBeads said...

Marcia, I loved your project in this month's Beadwork! Absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see the next one. (I'm about halfway through my Pharaoh's Daughter collar - I hope to have it finished before Bead Fest in August!)

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Wow! All the pieces you showed were great, but the pink bubble blower just knocked my socks off! I'm going to have to dig out my instructions for that and make another one! That is one MadDesign that I finished!

Marcia DeCoster said...

Disco Squares was in the feb/mar 2009 issue of beadwork