Thursday, July 30, 2009

Travel

I love to travel, since I was little I've always been called by the excitement of faraway places. My Dad traveled for work and I was always fascinated and excited by his stories, an armchair adventurer, I seldom had the opportunity to travel. When I met Mark I was fortunate to meet my travel match, both of us will get on a plane or a train or in the car at the drop of a hat.

But given my current life I sometimes need to curb my appetite for the next adventure. At the risk of filling every single moment with travel, I occassionally need to remember to stay home. And such is the case this September. I'm traveling each weekend between Oct 1st and Nov 20th, but still when contemplating a September trip to Bead Creative in New Hampshire I was so tempted. Cathi has opened a huge new store with a fabulous classroom. Her enthusisasm for the beads is infectious and New England in the fall, well a favorite destination. Mark's good sense prevailed however, and I'll wait until next Spring to see her store.

So in the meantime I am contenting myself with the memories of trips past. I have been fortunate enough to have done a lot of travel. Enough that I think a travelogue will become a weekly feature of the blog.

Here is a picture of one of the hauntingly beautiful trees in Savannah Georgia.















A perched bird on a trip to Palm Springs, Ca


















Mark relaxing on a Costa Rican beach



















A tranquil scene in Brugge, Belgium

















A piece I completed for our host Carol on a Tahitian sailing vacation
























The ultimate Tahitian bungalows in Rangiroa





I do have a bit of travel planned, Beadfest in Pennsylvania in August, another Santa Cruz wedding and perhaps a trip to beautiful Sedona Arizona in September.....

4 comments:

Katie said...

I know what you mean about being lucky enough to be married to someone who loves to travel...Thomas and I enjoy our trips together, which is why we try to get out and see as much as we can with our vacation time. I love your travel pictures...I finally got Thomas to fork over the Alaska pictures and got them posted in Facebook...

I am going to be in Philly for Bead Fest - hopefully, I will get to say hi :o)

Carol B said...

Thanks for sharing! I love to travel but haven't done much in the last 10 years. I'll be seeing more of Texas this fall, at least. You take beautiful photos. I look forward to seeing more.

Trinity Designer Jewellery said...

Hi, I just want to thank you for your great tutorials which I follow in the beadbooks every 2nd month. You are a great inspiration to me. Lorraine

morleyjustin said...

Every second of every day, one of us takes the decision to diversify our legendary wings travel.thanks to share this beautiful article.i likes to travel.
travelmatch