Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Use the Muse!

Seeing all the fun going on in Use the Muse I and II, I decided that I needed to join in Use the Muse III. This is a design competition brought to us by Scarlet Lansen of the Beaders Muse. Scarlett conceived of the competition to bring together a community of beaders who might not otherwise compete in some of the larger and perhaps more intimidating venues. And by the caliber of the entries I think she has drawn on a very talented group of beaders. It has been great fun to meander through all of the entries in 'The Big Reveal' and see the diversity of design work being done, all with one common element, the Muse.

Yesterday my kit arrived, beautifully put together with an inspired color pallette....and although it is beautiful, the Muse immediately spoke to me in a different way. I was surprised by this, having at least some trepidation that I would be stricken with bead block, unable to design within the constraints of a given component and in the time allotted....worrisome....

I received my kit with the arrival of postman around noon, and could barely contain myself while finishing up some directions. I then went to the seed bead wall and pulled this pallette together and began beading.



So I too will be part of the next Big Reveal.

5 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Oh... OH, I LOVE it! I received my kit yesterday as well and instantly had an idea as well. I'm waiting to hear back from Scarlett to find out if it's acceptable... let's hope! I'm so glad you're participating in this round, and am excited to see what you create!

Nancy K. said...

Hi, well I am really looking forward to getting my kit seeing your note Marcia.

tnahowru said...

Oh Marcia! i'm so glad you told us about this. I love going through all the entries picking out the ones i love. Thank You!

Unknown said...

Love the palette, can't wait to see the creation!

xoxpatty

Maryanne said...

I participated in Use the MuseII and it was great fun. This time of year gets really busy for me so I'm sitting this one out. Hope you have a great time with it and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the muse!
Maryanne