Thursday, November 5, 2009

Beading by the Bay!

I have an affinity for Northern California. I spent 30 years in Santa Cruz, meeting my husband and raising our family. It's also where I started to bead, and started teaching for 'The Beading Frenzy' in San Mateo, where owner Susan and I became friends. Susan is 1/2 of the team that has brought you 'Hooked on Wire' the last six years. We decided on a Tucson trip last year that the Beadweavers needed equal time, and the concept of Beading by the Bay became reality.

Mark and I had a sailboat moored under the San Francisco Bay Bridge for many years and I have fond memories of weekends spent there. So it was great pleasure that I look forward to the inaugral retreat of Beading By the Bay which will be held in Burlingame, south of the San Francisco airport, and on the San Francisco Bay.



I also look forward to the company I will be in, Maggie Meister and Jean Campbell, two incredibly talented bead artists. If you're thinking that three days of beading fun might suit your spring plans go visit www.beadingbythebay.com and consider joining us!

I'll be visiting Northern California next weekend and will have more to report on this exciting event.

1 comment:

AJ said...

This looks like such a wonderful retreat. If I didn't already have plans for that weekend, I'd be saving my pennies already. Hope it goes well enough to become an annual event like HOW! :)