Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cozy.....

Well I can pretend at least, in reality it was 80 degrees yesterday, hardly the chill in the air that suggests it's time to pick up the needles and make hats.

We awoke to this beautiful sunrise



and I spent the day knitting Felicity, a slouchy hat in a beautiful aqua. It's a free Ravelry download. If you're a knitter and you don't know Ravelry, then you'll want to have a look. It is an amazing knitter's resource site.



Susan at the Grove led the way with a modified stitch count using a Louisa Harding Kashmir Baby. Since hers fit perfectly (and she wasn't ready to gift it to me yet) I cast on my own and spent the day knitting. Too late I realized that the 7 stitch multiple would have lent itself very nicely to including a size 8 bead on every 7th stitch and every 3rd row, staggering the beads on alternate rows. So as soon as this one is finished I think I'll be making a second. I like having a simple, tried and true project on the needles. It makes for good travel knitting, so I think a trip to the Grove may be in order today!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

And we're using Addi needles instead of your recommended Knit Piks because . . .

Mikki said...

It must be the time of year because I've been thinking about digging out my needles and some baby alpaca I have but I'm thinking sweater and where I will find the time I have no idea. Ahh...the days in England when knitting was my business.