Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bead Dreams is complete!

I finished the Bead Dreams competition piece on Monday and I love it. Which is always a nice bonus at the end of a lot of work. I wish I could show you, but it needs to remain under wraps until it's acceptance status has been decided.

You may remember the piece was a collaboration with the Dallas Bead Society, who made ringlets, lots of ringlets. I chose a set of coordinated rings to put together into the necklace, developed a connection scheme that I thought was fitting....structurally sound, aesthetically pleasing, with a nice overall flow. I wanted the connections to fade to the background, letting the ringlets be the stars that they are. The creativity that went into each one is amazing.

Heather Trimlett made the glass, Kate McKinnon made some cool metal clay discs and posts to anchor the glass and Jay Whaley helped out with some posts and rings for the dangly bits of glass.

It was nice that I had access to the kinds of artists whose expertise made this piece come together beautifully. I'm hoping that it will be accepted....I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Mikki said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine it not being accepted. Can't wait to see it!!!! I had to abandon my Bead Dreams due to a two-day migraine. Oh well... there's always next year.

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Marcia, I love the positiveness of your expression, "acceptance status". I'm sure it was a fabulous piece and deserves to be assumed to be accepted, I too can't wait to see it!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see it. Good luck with the acceptance!