Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Artist in Residence

There is nothing I love more then being in the company of other artists. I spent so much of my childhood and adulthood not understanding that need. Now that I've found the aliveness in it I can't get enough! That would explain my love of going to the big shows, where I get to enjoy time experiencing all my creative friends, and my love of teaching where so much wonderful art shows up in the classroom.

But one of my truly favorite things in the world is opening my studio to other artists and their students. I've done this a number of times and it's always worked out wonderfully.

So it is with great enthusiasm that I look forward to NanC Meinhardt teaching her 3 day art stick workshop at my home October 8, 9th and 10th of this year. I go back a very long way with NanC, probably much further then she remembers. As a brand new beader I took a freeform brick stitch vessel class from NanC at an early Embellishment. If I had to guess I'd say maybe 1997 ish. I still have that little vessel. It's quite humble, but NanC encouraged me in a way that inspired me to continue to explore this medium. I'm rather glad I did.

If you'd like to join us for the artstick workshop you can find details here.

2 comments:

Mikki said...

How fun! I think you're very lucky to be able to be around lots of bead artists...the creative stimulation has to be amazing. Beading a stick reminds me of the little gourd with the 2 foot neck sitting in the trunk of my car....one day it will be beaded!

Andrew Thornton said...

Residencies are some of my favorites. The community that is forged through hard work and conversation is unique and a truly beautiful thing.

Enjoy your time with NanC!