Monday, October 11, 2010

Ten Ten Ten

I hadn't thought of the date indicating the perfect ten before, but the weekend was a perfect ten.

Starting on Thursday noon when I picked NanC up at the airport and continuing through this morning when I sat quietly with my artstick adding beads. I'm not sure when the birthday weekend will end, but not quite yet.

Today I will have lunch with my dear ones and then I will return home for more artstick. (well actually I believe there will be a stop at the Apple store prior to home, something about an ipad....) I have declared this to be a no work day, tomorrow is soon enough to pick up the schedule where I left off a week or so ago.

My stick clearly wanted to be a fish, well at first there was a Queenly maiden with a huge headdress, but the fish prevailed, and so a fish eye has been beaded.



I found that much of what I heard this weekend served to re-enforce my belief systems about making art, but there was also new information to consider. I'm sure as I continue to work with my stick the many ideas which started to percolate this weekend will be explored.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your beaded eye is BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to see the rest of your perfect ten art stick!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a birthday weekend, Marcia... what a special treat to celebrate it with an artstick workshop. Happy belated birthday!!!

The bad Liz said...

I love the fish eye! Very cool