Friday, May 6, 2011

Studio re-arrangement

That's what I'm thinking. I feel a need to change things up a bit in the studio. Gain a fresh perspective. Move some furniture around, re-situate my work areas. The new Mac with wireless keyboards and all in one computer and monitor will require only one plug, making it pretty much portable (well except that it weighs in excess of twenty pounds).



My current computer sites in a corner, but I'm thinking of having the white table serve as the computer desk. The view will be nicer and the sun won't blare in my face at 4:00 in the summertime, but I also won't be able to put my hands on the labels for printing, or the file drawers for filing.

Now if I could research a wireless, high volume, automatic dual sided printing, printer/scanner with a small footprint and good design aesthetic I'd be set. Well almost I still need to outfit the desk in question with a lowered keyboard tray but that should be easy enough.

Of course when you get into these things you have to clean and organize and generally make things less messy and it all takes time, but I think it might be time well spent. If only 'En Pointe' were complete I could take this on....but sigh, I really must bead first, tomorrow perhaps.

4 comments:

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

It looks like you have a really nice studio. I get the itch every once in awhile to move things around too and it really does 'freshen things up', but as you say one thing leads to another.

Sally Anderson said...

We recently had to make the printer purchase, too. Had the same requirements. Ended up with this:
http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/2007/pro900/en.html. Totally wireless. It works w/ my Mac & his PC equally well. It's not beautiful but not as ugly as some...

Lavinia said...

Marcia, this is the printer I have: http://amzn.to/ifq3Oi. In the interest of full disclosure, I use it wired, rather than wireless, but it (obviously, from the name) has wireless capabilities. Works perfectly with my iMac, all the time, and when my dad visits with a Windows-based laptop, he can print to it without issue as well. It's my copier and fax also, and does both beautifully. Love it so much I got one for my rabidly technophobic mother, and she likes hers as well. Not tiny, but (given that it's got a flatbed scanner and a document feeder), worth the space for me.

Marcia DeCoster said...

@ Lavinia, funny you should share that link, that is the one I have! I just want something smaller taking up a little less real estate.