Friday, July 1, 2011

Two new pretties!

These are simple but effective. These are a variation of the green pearl Cassiopea necklace in my book. I turned it into a bracelet, took the crystal size up from 4's to 6's and added some 2 mm's in the clasp and the hugs and kisses embellishment. I like the luster of the Swarovski pearl with the sparkle of the 4 mm round crystal, the 3 mm bi-cione running up each side, and the itty bitty 2 mm's for a little extra shine.




Every once in a while it is nice to sit down and put together something simple. These will both be great with summer clothes and I'm thinking of an antique brass one for fall and winter holiday season. I'm also thinking a looser and triple wide one would be a great chunky cuff, but really as fast as these are, it's time to get a few other things complete.

It's the simplest of clasps, a peyote loop embellished with 2 mm crystal sized perfectly to slide over the pearl.



I took advice from the table top studio site and put the sparkler light overhead for a shadow that really shows off the roundness of the pearls.

It's the first of July and the day is already sparkling with sunshine. It must be that June Gloom is behind us. It's kind of a big weekend here, celebrating 24 years of marriage on the 4th. It think it was brilliant to get married on the 4th of July, every year our anniversary is a holiday and every year we watch fireworks. This year we'll be watching from the roofdeck, where the absence of the pepper trees will give us a full on view of several cities worth of celebration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful!!! I know what you mean about a holiday anniversary! I got married on Halloween! LOL

Paula said...

Happy Anniversary! My wonderful husband and I will celebrate 26 years of marriage on July 20th! Time flies when you're having fun! Congratulations!

Ababeads said...

They are amazing!!! i love it!