Monday, June 18, 2012

A weekend outing and a little beading....

I decided to take some time off, although for me that includes beading. I don't consider beading time work. The veranda is the perfect outdoor beading spot, with awnings extended, it becomes a huge outdoor room. A pile of beads, my iPad and Miss Maya all accompanied me and the second Cassandra  was completed.

 

I surrounded the large Jade Swarovski pearls with smaller platinum pearls. It's a beautiful summer bracelet, but would look equally elegant with a platinum colored silk dress during the holidays. It's neutral but includes color which I'm happy with.

Since Sunday was the perfect Southern California weather we decided on an outing to Balboa park. We strolled through Spanish village and on to the Art Museum. The gift shop carries Alexis Bittar jewelry so I decided on a peek. I guess I'm really into neutrals at the moment because I decided these were a must own. They have a bit of sparkle, and his trademark luminescent Lucite drops. The pendant is Aelia, and I think they go together well.


 

I sometimes find it difficult to pair the right earring with beaded jewelry. It requires one that compliments but doesn't detract. I think these fit the bill nicely. I've collected Alexis Bittar since the early 1990's when I discovered him at Annie Glass in Santa Cruz. His work was pricey even then, and more expensive now, but I fall back on my 'cost to wear' theory. I think this pair will serve me well.

6 comments:

Cynthia Newcomer Daniel said...

Those earrings complement the pendant perfectly!

Helen said...

Hi Marcia...lovely bracelet. As for the earrings - they are timeless. You'll be able to wear them forever. Worth every penny.

Unknown said...

Rockstar bracelet!!! Oh you have to spoil yourself sometimes!

The bad Liz said...

I love the "cost per wear" theory. I've bought more pricey items with this logic and it works.

LaVelvet said...

Todos los trabajos son preciosos pero me he enamorado de esa pulsera tan preciosa!!!

Marcia DeCoster said...

good to know I've encouraged you Liz!