Monday, October 21, 2013

Beading in England

Yesterday I shared some words about our trip and today I thought a few photos might be in order...


Here is the sweet Kerrie Slade who drove out to the Midlands to meet me.



She thankfully brought a bit of her stunning beadwork for me to peruse. The neon piece here was brilliantly designed, very clever that girl! And can you see bottom right the quiver with rose buds?


She also brought me two darling owls, which I've named Barton and Needwood, Barton is on the left. The eyes are opals which came from Kandra's. Kandra and I go back to the early 2000's or maybe before. Yes,, the connections again.


Here is Caroline's very beautiful Cassandra started in class on Friday and brought to class today finished!


Below are some charming photos of Shaftesbury which is a Medieval town dating back tot he 800's! And I thought my house was old.


The night before last we had a full moon sighting


And here is a church from our Sunday walk.


It's been a wonderful trip so far and I look forward to two more days teaching here and then off to Germany!

6 comments:

pbEADS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pbEADS said...

thanks for sharing Marcia, real admire your fortitude that is some trip and you seem to take it all in stride. Nice to see Kerrie in glasses a minor flaw if that, glad you got to meet her in person and see the bead work. Oh and touch Yorkie. So are Mr and Mrs prickles going first class or coach?

Marcia DeCoster said...

I'm holding up well Perry, but next I come your way and then leave on Monday and fly to Japan on Wednesday so that will be a test of my stamina! Not sure about Mr. and Mrs. Prickles, but Mr. and Mrs. DeCoster flew first class for the first time over the ocean and I liked it! Sadly we are flying home coach....

Kerrie Slade said...

Barton and Needwood are thrilled to have gone to such an excellent home! Thank you Marcia and safe travels for the rest of your trip!

Kerrie x

pbEADS said...

Not sure, excellent deception Marcia, we know who is watching. Since my way first the "pickle jar" is waiting. Pickle juice keeps everything fresh? More important though safe travels and keep enjoying. One day i will get my hands of those prickles lol

Terry from Alaska said...

It seems surreal and a wonderful experience to be amongst the castles and history and to be with enthusiastic beaders on that side of the world. Beading is definitely a common thread.