Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I'm giving a webinar!

My topic is Re-useable thread paths.  What exactly does that mean, anyways?

The way in which thread is passed through the beads creates the configuration in which they are held together.

To the degree I can repeat a known thread path but with different bead sizes, shapes and counts I can change the design without having to re-engineer the thread path.

This was the essence of my master class called 'playing with possibilities' where there were five elements (or thread paths) and 32 people explored variations in both the element and the arrangements of those elements to create different pieces.

Here are the two thread paths we'll be exploring.  The webinar will include two pdf file with detailed instructions for these two elements along with suggestions for variations.

Next weeks webinar will be a subset of those elements and will explore the different design opportunities that are provided through this design method.

This is a photo from a design session for my Bead Dreams piece called journey which used many variation of the two elements included in the webinar.



I loved presenting the master class which I've done twice now, once at Bead and Button and once in England last summer.  The excitement is palpable as people begin to explore their own creativity within a given thread path.  What ideas would you have?  Come join the webinar, next Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard time.  Through the power of technology, the entire live broadcast of my slide presentation and my speaking to each of the slides will be captured, so even if you're not available during the live presentation you can still watch it in it's entirety at  your leisure. To find out more or to register, click here.

No comments: